Last Updated on by Admin LB
About the Diploma course in Human Rights and Law
The diploma course in Human Rights and Law is an autonomous Diploma course provided by the Indian Law Society, Pune. It provides an Excellency in the field of Human Rights along with law as a major subject.
- Theory and philosophy of Human Rights.
- International Instruments on Human Rights/Global/Panoramic view of Human Rights
- Human Rights in the pre-independence era and its protection in India
- Human Rights and the Indian Constitution
- Human Rights & Various legislations
- Enforcement Mechanism for protection of Human Rights
- Agencies for Protection of Human Rights
- Voluntary Organizations/People’s participation and Human Rights
- Specific Human Rights, Vulnerable group and other
- Rights to Development and Human Rights
- Right to Self-determination
- Humanitarian Law and Armed Conflict
- Project/Dissertations on various Human Rights topics/issues
- Practical and Legal Training
Eligibility for Diploma course in Human Rights and Law
Law Student or any other graduate, from any college or any professionals.
Classes start from – 6th October 2020
Duration – 2 semesters (8 to 9 months)
Number of Seats – Minimum 40; Maximum 60
By Online payment – Last date 30th September 2020
Payment of Fees
Online through SBI Direct, Net banking, and Credit card only.
Fees for ILS students – Rs 10500/- + GST (mention your roll no in Remark Column)
For Non-ILS students including ex-students of ILS – Rs 12500 + GST.
Class Timings and Days
Online classes every Tuesday and Wednesday 2:30 to 4:30 pm (tentative)
Note: Online lectures will be conducted until further notice of physical attendance at the college.
About the college
- Founded on June 20th, 1924 as the Law College, Pune when the University of Bombay gave its sanction for a college of law in Pune.
- Graded A+ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, in 2004.
- Ranked 1st amongst the Top Ten Law Colleges in the country by the India Today
- Awarded ‘Best Private Education Institute 2012-13’ in the Law School Category by WCRC Leaders Asia.
- Spread over a 154 acres campus in the heart of the city of Pune.
- A faculty comprising of highly qualified & committed people.