JLU Centre for International Commercial Arbitration & Alternate Dispute Redressal is organizing an International Mediation Training Program in association with National Law Institute University, Bhopal and Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation
About JLU International Mediation Training Program
The wind of Alternative Dispute Resolution is picking up rapidly around the world. The voluntary mechanism of mutual dispute resolution has become a popular choice in both national and international domains. The Ten-day International Mediation Training Program will emphasize on versatility of Mediation as a process to effectively resolve a vast array of conflicts. The Law Commission of India has recognized mediation as the flagship of the ADR movement.
Bar Council of India introduces Mediation with Conciliation as a compulsory subject to be taught in Law Schools. In mediation the emphasis is on the future, on cooperation and communication, on sustainable solutions, which are a win-win for all parties. It focuses on long-term interests, shows parties the weaknesses, not just the strengths of their case, and makes them examine their alternatives to a negotiated agreement. It gives the parties the freedom to suggest options for settlement. The Indian legal setup is currently witnessing an encouraging development in the sphere of Alternative Dispute Resolution with experts from around the globe contributing pioneering work in strengthening the foundations of mediation and other ADR processes in the country.
Through this Training Program, we aim to effectuate substantial exposure to all the attendees and to provide a platform where intricacies of the procedure can be understood and questions surrounding this process be answered. Across the period of ten days, our keynote speakers from different parts of the world will discuss the growing trend of mediation and its importance, both for the litigant/client and the counsel.
- Mr. Leonardo D’urso, Adjunct Professor, Pepperdine Caruso, School of Law, Rome (Italy)
- Mr. Srđan Šimac, President, Croatian Mediation Association, Croatia
- Ms. Maureen Erickson, Family Law Mediator, Minnesota, United States
- Ms. Iram Majid, Executive Director, APCAM, Director, IIAM
- Professor Steve Ngo, President, Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre, Singapore
- Mr. Thomas P. Valenti, Attorney, Mediator, Arbitrator (ACIArb), Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Ms. Ekta Bahl, Partner, Samvad Partners, Hyderabad
- Ms. Jharna Jagtiani, Advocate & Mediator, Mumbai
- Mr. K.S. Sarma, Trainer & Mediator, Hyderabad
- Ms. Shruti Sabharwal, Principal Associate at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., Delhi
The Training Program is open to Research Scholars, Faculty Members, and Professionals from the field of Law.
Participants are requested to register by filling the google online form before the deadline and send the receipt of payment of the registration fee to the Organizing coordinators at [email protected].
- Indian Participants: Rs. 5000
- International Participants : $70
Last date of Registration: 6th January 2021
For any queries, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
- Aniruddha Das: +91-94252 67272
- Saniya Zia: +91-99776 40099
- Anadi Nayak: +91-74708 49722
Reported by: Dr. Apoorva Dixit
Assistant Professor, JLU School of Law