JOB: Project Officer(Policy & Law) | NIMHANS - Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Women & Child Development is inviting applications for filling up post for funded project titled NIMHANS (National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care), under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Sr. Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator. Qualification A minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Law (LLB) At least 3… Read More »
Ministry of Women & Child Development is inviting applications for filling up post for funded project titled NIMHANS (National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care), under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Sr. Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator.
- A minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Law (LLB)
- At least 3 years working in the child protection system
- At least 2 years’ experience in training/ teaching child-related laws
- At least 1 years in working with government and other systems of child welfare and related areas.
- Strong English oral and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of oral Hindi
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child law and protection.
- Willingness to travel within the country.
- Work experience to include working with judicial officers/CWC and JJB members
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- Experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- A deep commitment to children’s issues.
- Dynamic and flexible with the ability to undertake new initiatives and respond quickly to changing situations and new needs.
Rs.90,000/- per month (Consolidated).
- Implement project activities including data collection, analysis, training, material development in areas of child protection and law
- Provide teaching and training to judicial officers and child protection functionaries on child laws.
- Coordinate with state judicial academies to plan programs for judicial education.
- Work with other project technical teams in a coordinated manner.
- Compile project reports as required.
- Represent the project through government/coordination meetings and judicial forums.
Bangalore City/ NIMHANS.
- A covering letter (of at least 1 full page) explaining eligibility for the position, in accordance with the essential and desirable criteria mentioned above i.e. justifying which of these criteria you possess and describing your work with children.
- Resume/CV *(Please note: applications with cover letters that do not detail out these two aspects will not be considered, even if a CV is submitted).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
- The candidate would need to make his/her own arrangements for the quarantine period and as well as during the service at project employment.
- If a candidate is selected, may be required to join duty within a week (from the date of offer issued).
Duration of the Post
Initial appointment will be made for a period of six months and extendable based on the performance of the candidate.
12th November 2020.
Reported by: Mehak Gupta