The history of Indian Company Law began with the Joint Stock Companies Act of 1850. Since then a cumulative process of amendment and consolidation brought us to the most comprehensive and complicated piece of legislation, the Companies Act 1956. The Companies Act 2013 has replaced Companies Act 1956. The Act has 470 sections and 7 schedules as against 658 sections and 15 schedules in the 1956 Act.
Important articles and study material on Company Law – Click on the link to Read
- Introduction – Company Law
- Companies Act 2013 – Bare Act
- Amendments in Company Law
- Types of Company
- Incorporation of a Company with Charitable Objects – Section 8 Company
- Memorandum of Association
- Article of Association
- Promoter – Meaning, duty and liability
- Allotment of shares
- Majority Powers And Minority Rights
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation
- Winding Up
Your valuable feedback in the form of comments or any desired inputs are encouraged and always welcome. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.