Last Updated :
National Memorial Drafting Competition is being organised by University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University. The moot proposition is based upon the recent events of COVID and the contractual imbroglio led thereafter.
About the National Memorial Drafting Competition
The COVID-19 pandemic has rendered individuals and society extremely vulnerable in all respects. In this time of crisis, when the majority of competitions have been postponed or cancelled, we decided to take the initiative to ensure that the process of learning does not stop. After organising a number of thriving moot court competitions nation-wide, UILS, PU has decided to initiate a National memorial drafting competition.
The Memorial Drafting Competition is based on the axiomatic truth and notion that in competitions, the oral arguments take away all the attention and the written memorial loses all their glory. With the national memorial drafting competition, the researchers and drafters get the much-needed recognition. The moot proposition is based upon the recent events of COVID and the contractual imbroglio led thereafter.
Timeline for the Competition
- Release of the Proposition: 2nd June 2020
- Last Date for Registration: 10th June 2020
- Last Date for Online Payment: 12th June 2020
- Last Date to seek Clarifications: 15th June 2020
- Release of the Clarifications: 17th June 2020
- Last date for the Submission of the Memorial: 25th June 2020
- Declaration of Results: 5th July 2020
Brochure Click here
Proposition – Click here
Participation and Eligibility
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of two i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with the permission of the Organizer.
- The Team Cap for the Competition is 25 Teams.
- The participating teams can register themselves by sending the composition of their teams through the official Mooting society mail ID or through the official mail ID of their department to [email protected]
- The registration fee is to be paid only after the confirmation mail sent to the participants by the organizers.
- Registration Fees – Single Author– Rs 450 and for Co-Authorship- Rs 750 (Maximum 2 Authors only)
- The last date for registration is 10th June 2020.
The participants securing the first three positions i.e. First, Second, and Third shall be felicitated with cash prizes.
- First Position: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Position: Rs. 3,500/-
- Third Position: Rs. 1,500/-
E-Certificates to all participants will be sent on their Respective Emails.
- Ms. Shruti Singla: +91-92551 33052
- Ms. Kajal Arora: +91-81682 65868
- Ms. Komal Arora: +91-82889 55403
- Ms. Aastha Dhawan: +91-79735 98799
- Mr. Ritik Gupta: +91-99151 26369
Submitted by: Moot Court Society,
University Institute Of Legal Studies, Panjab University