Last Updated on by Admin LB
Navrachana University takes immense pleasure to organize International Virtual Conference on Law and Technology on 30th January 2021. The present Conference is an attempt to study the innate relationship between Law and Technology. For this purpose, the conference has series of themes and sub-themes dedicated towards understanding an interface between Law & Technology. We invite academicians, scholars, professionals, and students to submit research papers.
About the Conference
The advancement of technology has led to the shaping of society as well as law across time. Technology is now recognised as an enabler, necessary for growth and the way forward. Technological advancements have made our lives easier but have also led to a disruption amongst the regulatory framework over the world. The change in technologies influences the source and the structure of the rules. Due to new technologies, we need laws to address new issues & challenges. It has placed all of us in a spot to address and strike the correct balance between innovation, protection of consumers, and resolving potential threats.
About Navrachana University
Navrachana University is a Private University established under the Gujarat Private University Act, 2009. The University has Five schools with 22 programs across all the schools. The University has embarked on a new educational paradigm that lays simultaneous emphasis on disciplinary education, inter-disciplinary education, professional education, and general education.
About School of Business And Law
School of Business and Law (SBL) is one the largest School at Navrachana University, Vadodara. Working in close association with the industry and academic experts, right from the curriculum development stage to student’s projects, internships, and placements, SBL offers several unique undergraduate and postgraduate level programs in the field of Management (BBA and MBA) and BBA-LLB (Integrated 5 years Program).
The present conference organized by the School of Business & law, Navrachana University is an effort to study the innate relationship of law and technology. It undertakes to make a serious enquiry as to how the issues under ever-changing technology can be effectively addressed through law. For this purpose, the conference contains a series of themes and subthemes dedicated towards understanding the interrelationship between law and technology under different categories and contexts.
The conference is open to academicians, students, legal professionals, and anyone interested in the subject.
Themes For The Virtual Conference
The themes for the conference are as follows: –
- Constitutional Perspectives in Technology
- Jurisprudential Dimensions of Cyberspace
- Information Technology and Law: IT Act, Cyber Crime, Cyber Forensics
- Legal issues under Artificial Intelligence
- Biotechnology and Law
- IPR and Technology
- Impact of Technology on Legal Education & Profession
- Technology under Health Law
- Technological issues under Environment Law
- Technological perspectives of Media Law
- Commercial Law and Technology: E-Contracts, Cryptocurrency, E-commerce, Taxation, International Trade, etc.
The sub-themes are indicative and not exhaustive.
Call for papers
Research papers/Articles and Case Studies are invited for the presentation at the International Conference.
The abstract of a research paper on any of the given theme shall be duly sent. The abstract shall not exceed 300 words.
It should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of the author/s
- Name of the institution
- E-mail address
- Contact details:
The abstract shall be sent to [email protected] with the subject line “Abstract – International Virtual Conference on Law and Technology”.
- The length of the full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. shall not be less than 3000 words and shall not exceed 5000 words. (Excluding the footnotes).
- Research paper shall be the original and unpublished work of the author. Co-authorship is permitted to maximum two authors. Each author is required to register and pay the registration fee individually.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font with 1.5-line spacing.
- The Footnotes shall be typed in Times New Roman 10-point font with 1-line spacing.
- A uniform method of citation should be adopted.
- The full paper should be submitted in soft copy and shall be sent to [email protected] with the subject “Full Paper – International Virtual Conference on Law and Technology” .
- E-certificates will be provided to all the registered participants.
- Selected Papers will be published in a book with ISBN Number.
Registration procedure and Fee details
- Academicians, Lawyers, and Professionals: Rs. 500/-
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs. 300/-
Link for the registration
Click on the following link to register for the International Virtual Conference after the confirmation of your abstract from the conference committee.
Link for Registration & Payment: Click here
- Date of submission of abstract: 5th January 2021
- Date of confirmation of abstract: 8th January 2021
- Date of full Paper submission & Registration: 20th January 2021
- Date of International Virtual Conference: 30th January 2021
- Dr. Nilay Yajnik, Provost-NUV
- Mr. Rajesh Talati, Registrar- NUV
- Dr. Sujatha Patil, Associate Professor & Principal for Law, School of Business and Law
- Dr. Hitesh Bhatia, Associate Professor & Head, School of Business and Law
- Ms. Chandrika Tewatia Raj, Assistant Professor, School of Business and Law
- Ms. Madhura Thombre-Kulkarni, Assistant Professor, School of Business and Law
- Mr. Navin Sinha, Assistant Professor, School of Business and Law
- Ms. Stella Joice, Assistant Professor, School of Business and Law
- Shivani Kinniwadi (President-Student Council School of Business and Law)
Ph: +91-74999 25929
- Prayrana Singh (Secretary- Student Council, School of Business and Law)
Ph: +91-955687 58728
Reported by: Madhura Thombre-Kulkarni
Asst. Professor, School of Business & Law, Navrachana University
- Plagiarism in the Cyberspace | Copyright and Cyber Law
- Cyber Law: Notes, Case Laws And Study Material