Last Updated :
Cyber law is fundamentally the branch of law that deals with the legal issues which are related to the use of information technology. The governing mechanisms and legal structures that oversee the growth of electric commerce in India fall within the domain of cyber law.
Cyber law essentially encompasses laws relating to electronic and digital signatures, cyber crimes, intellectual property, data protection and privacy.
In today’s techno-savvy environment, the world is becoming more and more digitally sophisticated and so are the crimes. Internet was initially developed as a research and information sharing tool and was in an unregulated manner. As time passed by it became more transactional with e-business, e-commerce, e-governance and e-procurement etc.
All legal issues related to internet crime are dealt with through cyber laws. As the number of internet users is on the rise, the need for cyber laws and their application has also gathered great momentum. In today’s highly digitalized world, almost everyone is affected by cyber law.
Important Articles and Study Material on Cyber And Information Technology Law
Module I: Introduction to Cyber Space and Cyber Law
- Cyber Space: Meaning, Regulation and Scope
- Cyber Law: The Information Technology Law and its Application
- The Information Technology Law: Important Definitions
- Jurisdictional Issues in Cyber Space
Module II: Electronic Contracts
- E-Commerce and E-Contracts: Overview And Analysis
- Technical and Legal issues in electronic contracts
- Electronic Contracts: Enforceability, Security and Privacy Issues
- Digital Signature: Concept, Object and Usage
Module III: Intellectual Property Rights in Cyber Space
- Right to be Forgotten: Case Study: Google Spain v. AEPD and Mario Costeja Gonzalez
- Copyright and its Subject Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Doctrine of Fair Dealing: Meaning, importance and Case Laws
- Copyright Protection in the Cyberspace within the IT Act, 2000
- Plagiarism in the Cyberspace
- Information Technology Act, 2000 (with Amendments)
- Cyber Crimes and their types
- Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- Child Pornography – A Menace
Your valuable feedback in the form of comments or any desired inputs are encouraged and always welcome. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.