Cyber law is fundamentally the branch of law that deals with legal issues related to the use of information technology. It essentially encompasses laws relating to electronic and digital signatures, cybercrime, cybersecurity, intellectual property, data protection and privacy. The governing mechanisms and legal structures that oversee electronic commerce in India also fall within the domain of cyber law.
As the number of internet users is on the rise, the need for cyber laws and their application has also gathered great momentum.
Legal Bites brings you the best study material to understand the fundamentals of cyber law. The course has been designed keeping in mind the requirements of budding cyber lawyers and cybersecurity experts. The three modules of this course will help readers master the technicalities of cyber and information technology laws. The study material also focuses on the key aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, e-contracts and e-governance.
Important Articles and Study Material on Cyber And Information Technology Law – Click on the links to Read:
Module I: Introduction to Cyber Space and Cyber Law
- Cyber Space: Meaning, Regulation and Scope
- Cyber Law: The Information Technology Law and its Application
- The Information Technology Law: Important Definitions
- Jurisdictional Issues in Cyber Space
Module II: Electronic Contracts
- E-Commerce and E-Contracts: Overview And Analysis
- Technical and Legal issues in electronic contracts
- Electronic Contracts: Enforceability, Security and Privacy Issues
- Digital Signature: Concept, Object and Usage
Module III: Intellectual Property Rights in Cyber Space
- Right to be Forgotten: Case Study: Google Spain v. AEPD and Mario Costeja Gonzalez
- Copyright and its Subject Matter
- Copyright Infringement
- Doctrine of Fair Dealing: Meaning, importance and Case Laws
- Copyright Protection in the Cyberspace within the IT Act, 2000
- Plagiarism in the Cyberspace
- Information Technology Act, 2000 (with Amendments)
- Cyber Crimes and their types
- Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- Child Pornography – A Menace
Your valuable feedback in the form of comments or any desired inputs are encouraged and always welcome. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.