Last Updated :
At the Almora Deliberation, through an effective and intensive set of action-oriented engagements and interactions, in a course of 2 days, The Policy Troupe, will enable you to chalk out ideas, that can lead to transformative policies, at this first of its kind event.
About Almora Deliberation
Amidst the picturesque landscape of Almora, lies the widely prevalent complexity of extending education for livelihood, more so, when mountains prove to be one of the most difficult terrains with limited sources of income and very few viable employment opportunities. While various Civil Society groups are assisting the local population to attain sustainable sources of income, finding long-lasting solutions to resolve the following issues, is the need of the hour:
- How to prepare children in schools such, that they are able to acquire the skills for a sustainable source of livelihood?
- How to cope with the perils of economic inequality and let education serve as a means to livelihood?
- How can teachers ensure that school education can equip students to take up alternative sources of livelihood?
At the Almora Deliberation, through an effective and intensive set of action-oriented engagements and interactions, in a course of 2 days, The Policy Troupe, will enable you to chalk out ideas, that can lead to transformative policies, at this first of its kind event. We aspire to help you explore, identify and assess your abilities as a thinker, leader and doer. So if you doubt your ability to think, analyse, assess and apply your knowledge to real-life projects, join the Troupe and let it enable you to innovate and formulate as you go through an enriching and empowering expedition in the serenity of the Kumaon Himalayas.
28th-29th July 2018
Who can Apply?
If your thoughts resonate with any of the below-mentioned objectives, apply now!
- Interested in developing an understanding of the Public Policy arena?
- Interested in pursuing a career in Public Policy?
- Seeking exposure at the Grassroot Level?
- Interested in working closely with the Civil Society?
- Interested in gaining experience and initiating your career in the Social Sector?
- Interested in learning about and exploring opportunities in the Policy formulation space?
- Interested in associating with a Think Tank, for working closely on providing Policy Recommendations to the Government?
Age: 18 Years to 35 Years
Participants will be shortlisted on the basis of a Questionnaire which will be sent to them after they have completed the Preliminary Registration Process here.
Maximum Number of Deliberators (participant intake for the event): 15
Deadline for Application: 8th July 2018
- Engage with law and policy entrepreneurs, lawyers, Civil Society personnel, social and grassroot workers, facilitators, benefactors and beneficiaries of the policy space.
- Engage in Field Work, Field Surveys, which will also include interactions with locals.
- Connect with students and professionals from Institutions, NGOs and Think Tanks, from across the Country.
- Collaborative initiation into the realm of Public Policy.
- Learn receptive and responsive leadership skills through interactive and action-oriented deliberations.
- Participate in Socratic Group Discussions, Ideation Workshops, Interactive Group Exercises and much more.
- Work on understanding the problem and devising a solution, in the form of Policy Recommendations, which will be collated and sent to the Government.
- The Top 3 Deliberators will get to work with us closely, on formulating and compiling the Policy Recommendations to be sent to the relevant Ministry. Their names will also be included in the Working Document.
- Top 5 Deliberators will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Merit and a Letter of Recommendation from our end.
- Each Deliberator will be provided a flat 50% rebate in fees for our Research Methodology and Public Policy Primer Courses.
- Each Deliberator will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Each Deliberator will be eligible to receive a Concession in Fees and First Preference for successive Deliberations of The Policy Troupe.
Rs 3800 per Participant. [This is inclusive of Registration, Certificate, Deliberator Kit, Food (three meals per day) and Accommodation, which will be provided from our end. The participants will need to make travel arrangements to reach the venue on their own.] The details for payment will be shared with the Selected Candidates.
The detailed itinerary for the Event will be shared with the selected participants.
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact Numbers: +91-8448922751 | +91-7042068202 | +91-9929451140